Seville, Spain. May 13-16, 2016.
To whom it is address
Deaf and Deaf-Blind from around the world are invited. Never before did we think of these persons as we do today.
The Congress will last for 4 days: Friday May 13 – Monday May 16, 2016.
An extra Deaf Congress is organised for May 16-19, 2016.
The Congress will take place in Seville, Spain. Hotel TRH Alcora: Crta. San Juan Tomares, Km 1, 41.920 San Juan de Aznalfarache, Seville, Spain.
Costs of participation
The costs per person of the Congress, all included (accommodation, meals, registration, without external costs –excursion, museum, etc.– travel cost no included) are as follow:
- Single room 250€.
- Double room 200€ per person.
- Three beds room 170€ per person.
- Four beds room 100€ per person.
Special arrangement for families. Children under 12 years for free.
The International Congress for Deaf and Deaf-Blind People, which will take place in 2016, is the first of its kind in Seventh-day Adventist history. Deaf and Deaf-Blind from around the world are invited. Never before did we think of these persons as we do today.
Several congresses for Deaf and Deaf-blind people have been organized, including among others, those in Europe, South and North America, Brazil, etc., but never on the scale on which we wish to organize this one. This Congress for Deaf and Deaf-Blind People is marking its time and will be an historical event. It will mark an important date in the history of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
For this reason, the Inter-European Division, in mutualcooperation and support with Adventist Deaf Ministry International of the General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventists and the Spanish Union wish to offer to the Deaf and Deaf-blind people the opportunity to find the same experiences and opportunities as experienced in the world of hearing persons. It is the desire of these Seventh-day Adventist entities that they, the Deaf and Deaf-blind, will enjoy the planned events and find answers to their spiritual needs through the Gospel.
- To raise the awareness of the hearing people concerning the community of Deaf and Deaf-blind people.
- To promote the participation of the community of Deaf and Deaf-blind people in these activities and integrate both communities.
- To encourage fellowship experiences.
- To introduce at the Congress the International Sign Language System.
- To facilitate the participation of the community of Deaf-blind people.
- To raise the awareness of the other persons on the importance of this type of activities.
- To promote an understanding of the importance of working in team with the professionals of translation.